Staycation is staying at home and enjoying the pleasures of vacation without having to go far. It is convenient, cost-effective, and fun packed. If you choose to stay in a hotel in your city or somewhere very close, then it is hotel staycation. Due to various reasons, a staycation is becoming popular with people all over the world.
- Whether it's inside your room or your spacious living area, roll out a soft mat at your chosen sanctuary. This is where you will lay out your most comfortable cushions and beddings. Put some floor pillows to add an extra layer of comfort.
- A day before your actual staycation, prepare some good books and magazines for your staycation corner. While more people are reading e-books nowadays, disconnect yourself from technology during your staycation. You can put your phone on vibrate mode in the case of emergency but try to avoid the internet as best as you can.
- Switch off the lights and add scented candles with soothing music to create that perfect hotel-like relaxing ambient.
- Add a convenient small bar fridge at your sanctuary corner for thirsty refreshments.
- You can have your spa treatment at home. Invite your friends over for a "SPArty." Bring out your favorite soaps and other pampering products. You can also try the do-it-yourself manicure and pedicure and make use of those face masks you've been dying to try out.
- Invite your friends over for a movie night. At your staycation spot, aside from books, you can place your TV (or laptop) and share a good laugh (or cry) with your BFFs while doing a marathon of your favorite movies.
- Other people might discourage you from doing any household chores on your staycation. However, some people actually find cooking relaxing and enjoyable. For your staycation, however, instead of creating a heavy meal for yourself or your visitors, experiment on some food or meals that do not need heavy preparations. You can prepare all the ingredients the day before your staycation.